Sweaty Betty Limited is a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 3525806 and having its registered office at Sweaty Betty Fulham Green, 69-79 Fulham High Street, London SW6 3JW (referred to in this Policy as “Sweaty Betty”, "we, "us" and "our"). We are a “data controller” of your information for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (together the Data Protection Laws) (i.e. we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information). We will use your personal data fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner, and in accordance with the Data Protection Laws.
Controller, Data Subject, Processor and Processing shall have the respective meanings given to them in applicable Data Protection Laws from time to time (and related expressions, including process, processed, and processes shall be construed accordingly) and international organisation shall have the meaning given to it in the GDPR;
This policy applies to any personal data that we collect about you when you:
- Visit our website www.sweatybetty.com (our "website");
- Create an account with us (whether online or in-store);
- Contact us, for example by telephone, email, post or through submitting a form on our website;
- Place an order with us;
- Interact with our digital content on your computer or mobile device;
- Sign up to receive email newsletters or catalogues;
- Book a workout class with us;
- Attend a Sweaty Betty sponsored event;
- Enter a competition;
- Visit a Sweaty Betty store;
- Call Customer Care;
- Send us an enquiry.
Sweaty Betty takes the privacy and security of your personal data very seriously. We only capture information from you that we need to deliver our services effectively and to keep in contact with you on the basis necessary to fulfil our obligations or as agreed between us. We will only use your personal data for any purpose that is necessary to fulfil our commitments to you, comply with regulation or to fulfil an activity that you have consented to participate in.
At Sweaty Betty we identify two types of customer when visiting our Website or stores with regard to the use, storage, deletion and other processing of personal data. These are:
- An Account Holder: Someone who has registered for an Account and chosen to save basic information about themselves to facilitate an enhanced customer experience based on our knowledge of that individual
- A Guest User: Someone who purchases products or registers for communications but does not create an Account
To understand what personal information is collected on our Website when purchasing products or registering for an account or email newsletter, or, when shopping in our stores (including how it is captured and subsequently used to ensure a great service for you), please see the details below.
At Sweaty Betty we believe it is important to share with you why we capture some data about you and the circumstances when we might be required to share it with third parties to deliver our services and comply with regulations.
Once we have your data, if at any time you wish to change your communication preferences please go to the ‘My Account’ section on the Website, visit a store or contact our Customer Care team at UK: 020 7751 0591 or International: +44 20 7751 0591 or US: +1 855 773 3400 or if you prefer you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require information on any of your rights in regards to the use of your Personal Data please see the section ‘Your Rights’ toward the end of this Policy.
We will at all times seek to comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Laws in respect of all data that we collect from you, including ensuring that your personal information given to us is kept appropriately secure and is processed lawfully.
Data collection and how we use it
- Personal details, ‘My Account’ management
- Marketing communication & preferences
- Personalised experience
- Information about your device
- Location information
- How we will use your personal information
- Basis for using your information
- Communication preferences
- Communication with Sweaty Betty Customer Care
1. Personal details, 'My Account' management
When you register for an Account with us we will collect personal data from you and you can view this in the ‘My Account’ section. This may include but is not limited to your name, postal address, billing address, phone numbers, e-mail address and payment information, order history and your preferences relating to what and how we may communicate with you.
We may also obtain information about you as a result of authentication or identity checks (for example in connection with our standard fraud checks when you make a purchase on our Website). We use this information to identify you as a customer, to process your order, to enable us to deliver products and services, to process payments, to update our records, and to generally manage your account with us. If we are not able to obtain this information we may not be able to provide services to you or respond to your queries.
To fulfil our services to you we may also use third party services as Data Processors to provide elements of our overall service such as couriers for delivery of parcels and payment service providers for taking and approving payment.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Website such as ‘My Account’, you must keep this password confidential. Please never share your password with anyone. No one from Sweaty Betty will ever ask you to disclose it.
If you have an online customer account, you can amend or update your personal information by logging into the ‘My Account’ section on our Website and amending your details as appropriate. This can include managing your communication preferences, contact and delivery information.
If you have created a customer account in-store, you can amend or update your information by visiting a store and speaking to one of our sales associates, or by contacting our Customer Care Team at email@example.com.
2. Marketing communication & preferences
Sweaty Betty would like to send you information by email or post about products, services, competitions, sales and special offers which may be of interest to you. There are several ways you can consent to our marketing: you can tick the relevant boxes on our account registration form; you can tick the relevant boxes in the ‘My Account’ section of the Website, and you can give consent in our retail stores by ticking the boxes on our registration forms or by contacting our Customer Services team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have consented to marketing communication, by opting in, we will send you marketing messages until you specify otherwise in your ‘My Account’ section or by contacting our Customer Services team at email@example.com.
3. Personalised experience
In order to offer you a personalised and relevant experience on our Website and in store, we may collect information about the products you purchase, where you purchased the products from and other information related to your purchases.
We may also collect information about your browsing history, including the product pages you visit and the content you are looking at. We do this to help us analyse how users use the website (including behaviour patterns), to understand more about our website users and to assist us in improving your online experience.
You can opt out of a personalised experience at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Information about your device
We may also collect information on how you access our digital content and services and the type of device and internet browser you are using. This includes information relating to your device type, your IP address and your visit source (i.e. a website from which you visited our Website). This information helps us ensure we are able to provide effective technical services to enable you to access the right content from where you are located in a format appropriate to the device you are using and to troubleshoot any issues you may have if you report them to us.
5. Location information
We use your active location information (i.e. that relating to your mobile phone physical location or the IP address from which you access our Website) to ensure you are directed to the relevant Website for the country you are residing in to ensure the right currency and options are presented to you. We do not use your location information for any other purposes.
6. How we will use your personal information
We use your information (i) for research about our customers’ behaviour and our products and services generally; (ii) to develop and improve our services; (iii) to administer and improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner; (iv) to notify you about changes to our goods and services; and (v) to provide customer support. By analysing and monitoring your personal data we can enhance the customer experience and be more relevant with our marketing and communication.
7. Basis for using your information
Necessary for the entry into or performance of a contract
When you order or purchase products from us we will enter in to a contract with you to supply the products to you. In order for us to fulfil our obligations under such contract, we will need to collect, process and share (as further detailed below) your personal information. Failure to provide the requisite personal information including the required financial information in relation to such orders or purchases, or objecting to this type of processing / exercising your deletion rights, will unfortunately mean we cannot provide our products to you.
Legitimate business interests
We use your personal information as set out in this Policy for the legitimate interests of our business to enable us to:
- Provide you with information about our products, services, competitions, sales and special offers which may be of interest to you;
- Develop and improve our products and services for you and others;
- Understand you better and enhance your experience with Sweaty Betty;
- Analyse and monitor your personal data so we can be more relevant with our marketing and communication;
- Carry out research to understand our website visitors and other customers' behaviour, how they use our website and services so we can develop and improve our products and services for you and others;
- Record details from calls to our Customer Care Team in order to enable us to provide a better service to our customers and for quality assurance purposes;
- Record details if you contact us via our Website using our Live chat service in order to ensure a high level of customer service in terms of understanding any issues you may have faced with ordering from our Website.
We are required to carry out a balancing test of our legitimate business interests in using your personal data outlined above against your interests and rights under the Data Protection Laws. As a result of our balancing test, which is detailed below, we have determined, acting reasonably and considering the circumstances, that we are able to process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Laws on the basis that we have a legitimate business interest.
We have a legitimate business interest in processing your information as we wish to:
|Impact of processing||We consider that it is reasonable for us to process your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests outlined above as the processing of your personal data for these purposes does not unreasonably intrude on your privacy.|
We may, on occasion, send you marketing messages by email and post about us, our products, events, promotions and services where you have not unsubscribed and where you have purchased similar goods or services from us or where you have otherwise consented. You can opt out at any time and from specific methods of marketing. Please see the ‘How do I unsubscribe from communication’ section below. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com.
8. Communication preferences
If you have consented to receiving promotional information or updates from Sweaty Betty, we will contact you with information about our products, events, promotions and services by post or by e-mail. Occasionally we may get in touch to request feedback on your experience in-store and/or on our Website and/or at an event, in order to improve our products and services.
9. Communication with Sweaty Betty Customer Care
If you wish to call (rather than email) our Customer Care team on UK: 020 7751 0591 or International: +44 20 7751 0591 or US: +1 855 773 3400, please note that our Customer Care team may record details from the call for up to 30 days, in order to enable us to better service our customers, and for quality assurance purposes. If you contact us via our Website using our Live chat service we will store the conversations for 13 months in order to ensure a high level of customer service in terms of understanding any issues you may have faced with ordering from our Website.
How do I unsubscribe from communication?
You can opt out of marketing communication such as email newsletters and catalogues at any time. All you need to do is change your communication preferences in ‘My Account’. You can do that either as indicated in the particular communication, e.g. by using the unsubscribe link which is included on all emails.
If you choose to opt out of marketing emails, this can take up to two weeks for the change to flow through our systems.
Please remember, if you do ‘opt out' of receiving this information you are more likely to miss out on offers and rewards.
If you no longer wish to receive catalogues you can unsubscribe from mailings via ‘My Account' or if you no longer wish to receive catalogues you can unsubscribe by contacting Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sweaty Betty will stop sending you catalogues within a reasonable period, which may take up to 8 weeks.
Even if you have opted out of receiving emails we will continue to send you transactional emails about your purchases or requesting feedback on products purchased for the purposes of performing our contract with you. You can also unsubscribe from product and store review emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link within these emails.
Your personal information and how long we keep it
We will only keep your information as long as you have an account with us and for 5 years after your last purchase or otherwise as required for our business operations records or by law. If you are a guest user, we will only keep your information for 24 months after your order has been fulfilled or otherwise as required for our business operations records or by law. This information will be kept secure at all times and only used for the legitimate purpose we require it or that you have consented to. After the stated period of time expires, we will anonymise all of your personal data, however some order information will be stored as an unknown customer.
Where information is entered but not completed, such as in adding items to your shopping basket but not completing checkout, we will delete this data after 30 days for a Guest User and 60 days for an Account Holder.
Cookies and how we use them
Other people who might use your information
In certain circumstances we may share your information with carefully selected partners or service providers who perform functions as a Data Processor on our behalf such as:
- Creating an account, fulfilling orders, processing payments, fraud risk management, and data management on our behalf;
- Handling our order dispatch service and other deliveries;
- Website hosting services;
- Assisting Sweaty Betty in promoting our products and services in order to provide you with enhanced customer services and/or share information about Sweaty Betty products and services with you;
- Assisting Sweaty Betty with analysing our customer data in order to better understand, profile and monitor customer patterns so we can consistently improve our products and services and understand what may be of interest to you and other customers;
- Other support services.
In each case, we will only provide these partners or service providers with the information which they need to carry out their services. They will not be permitted to use the information for other purposes and will be bound by the same duty of care as us regarding data privacy. They will only be allowed to use your information in the way in which we instruct them and as permitted by the Data Protection Laws.
We may also share aggregated or anonymised information that does not identify you with partners or service providers.
Financial institutions and payment processing partners
Payments on our Website are made through our payment solutions providers. You will be providing credit or debit card information direct to our providers who process payment details in a secure manner.
In certain circumstances we may disclose personal information relating to you to third parties in order to conform to any requirements of law, to comply with any legal process, for the purposes of obtaining legal advice, for the purposes of credit risk reduction, to prevent and detect fraud and/or to protect and defend the rights and property of Sweaty Betty.
Business or process change partners
In the event that we or a part of our business undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, any personal information we hold about you may be transferred and/or disclosed to that re-organised entity or third party.
Overseas transfers of data
Third party links
Our Website may from time to time contain links to other websites not controlled by us. You will know when the link is taking you to another website as a new window will pop up. Whilst we try to ensure all third-party links are to websites which are compliant with Data Protection Laws, we cannot guarantee this is always the case. If you click on any of the links to such websites from our Website, you should review that website’s privacy statements or policies and terms and conditions carefully as your use of those websites may be subject to them.
If you are visiting the careers page on our Website and click on the link to see job vacancies, you will be redirected to our careers portal, TribePad. When registering on the portal you will be informed about what information is stored and how your information will be used.
Although we do our best to protect your personal data when we have received it, we cannot guarantee the security of your data whilst being submitted to us and any transmission is at your own risk. We do however use security features to try to prevent unauthorised access wherever possible. Personal information provided to Sweaty Betty via our Website and online credit card transactions are transmitted through a secure server using Secure Socket Layering (SSL), encryption technology. When the letters "http" in the URL change to "https," the "s" indicates you are in a secure area employing SSL; also, your browser may give you a pop-up message that you are about to enter a secure area or display a padlock image.
Our Website uses this encryption technology to protect your information during data transport. SSL encrypts ordering information such as your name, address and credit card number. Our Customer Care team and stores also operate over a private, secure network. Please note that e-mail and correspondence via Live Chat is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting personal data and credit card information.
Sweaty Betty shall at all times maintain appropriate physical, electronic, managerial and organisational measures to safeguard and secure Personal Data against accidental, unauthorised or unlawful loss, unauthorised modification, disclosure or access that is determined to be appropriate to the risk. All our employees and data processors who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal information, are required to respect the confidentiality of the personal information of all users of our services.
Personal Data stored about you is held securely with appropriate measures in place to reduce the risk of a malicious attempt to access or misuse your data. We will delete your data when we have no further legitimate use for it in line with our storage policy and as specified above.
You have the following rights in respect of the information we hold about you:
- The right to request information about and a copy of your information which we hold. If you would like a copy of some or all of it please:
- Email email@example.com
- Let us know what information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers you have, if you have them.
- We may ask you for personal information to verify your identity.
- The right to correct any mistakes in your information (if it is not accurate or not complete). If you would like us to do this please:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, user name, registration details); and
- Let us know what information is incorrect and what it should be replaced with
- In certain circumstances, the right to delete your information. If you would like us to do this please email email@example.com.
- In certain circumstances, the right to restrict the processing of your information. If you would like us to do this or would like more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In certain circumstances, the right for you to obtain and re-use the information we hold about you with other service providers. If you would like to do this or you would like more information please email email@example.com.
- Where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate business interests the right in specific circumstances to object to certain types of processing. If you would like to do this or you would like more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. If you would like to do this or would like more information please email email@example.com.
- The right to withdraw your consent where we are relying on it to process your personal data. If you would like to do this or would like more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It may take up to 14 days to ensure your request to invoke any of your rights is fully actioned. Sweaty Betty reserves the right where we are entitled to do so to charge a reasonable administration fee to cover the cost of fulfilling a request to exercise any of these rights. Any fee applicable to the performance of an action will be advised to you at the point of making a request.
Contacting Sweaty Betty
Alternatively, you can write to Sweaty Betty at Sweaty Betty Customer Care, 833 Fulham Rd, London, SW6 5HQ.
You can also contact the Information Commissioner's Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF www.ico.org.uk.
This Policy was last reviewed and updated in May 2018.