Maternity cover contract to start late September. Up to £40k plus bonus, lots of clothing, fitness classes and more!
We create, empower, innovate, inspire, push the boundaries and most important of all, we practise what we preach!
Designed to enhance performance, Sweaty Betty workout wear is the perfect fusion of fashion and functionality. Tailored to sports from yoga to run, ski to swim, gym to tennis, our luxury activewear combines design innovation, technical fabrics and feminine style.
Born in 1998 in London’s Notting Hill, Sweaty Betty now has 37 boutiques including concessions in world-famous department stores Harrods and Selfridges, plus two boutiques in the USA. With a new mobile website, more international stores in the pipeline and a passionate, 400 strong fitness-loving team at its helm, Sweaty Betty is growing exponentially. There has never been a more exciting time to join us.
As People Manager you will be in charge of maintaining and reinforcing our people-centric company culture and company values both in the UK and US. You will be responsible for bringing out the best in every team by making sure all our people are performing whilst also having fun at work. This is a standalone role where you will be responsible the People Strategy and the entire employee life-cycle with the support of a People Coordinator.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Reporting to the Finance & Operations Director, whilst working closely with the Retail Team, specific responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage the recruitment strategy for all office vacancies from advertising the job through to interviewing and hiring
- Support Retail Team with all recruitment in store
Employee Engagement & Company Values
- Run and analyse annual company-wide engagement survey, working throughout the year on initiatives to improve results
- Proactive in generating ideas to reinforce our company values across the business throughout the year and continually make Sweaty Betty an even better place to work
Inductions, Training & Development
- Lead & manage the biannual performance review process for both office and stores
- Oversee all inductions and probationary periods for office staff
- Work with external consultants to arrange our ongoing Manager training programme as well as any ad hoc coaching/mentoring needs
- Support Retail Team with organising our induction days (known as WOW Days)
- Source and organise all ad hoc training needs throughout the year
Reward & Recognition
- Oversee all benefits and rewards across the business continuously looking for ways to improve them
- Manage the annual salary review process
People Guide, Paperwork & Employee Records
- Update the 2014 US & UK People Guide (handbook which covers all Sweaty Betty’s terms and conditions) to include any changes to rewards, policies and employment law
- Keep up to date with employment law & legislation
- Oversee all staff paperwork
- Support Boutique Managers, Areas Managers and Heads of Dept to coach and advise on all people issues
- General HR support and guidance for the company, both UK and US
- Manage any disciplinaries and grievances that crop up
- Manage the organisation of all events: Biannual Season Launches, quarterly Office Meetings and the 2014 Christmas Party
- Manage and mentor a People Coordinator
- Manage the People Budget
WHAT YOU HAVE TO OFFER
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a related area
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an autonomous HR generalist role, preferably within retail for a similar sized company
- Excellent communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of UK employment law & legislation (knowledge of US employment law is an advantage)
- Experience and confidence dealing with a variety of difficult situations & having tricky conversations
WHO YOU ARE
You are a people person, whilst also commercial, who loves their job and really wants to make a difference. A natural ambassador of the brand, you love to be active and embrace everything the brand stands for. You are quick to build relationships at all levels and are always proactive and positive in your approach. You are confident and creative whilst also approachable and empathetic. You love to work in a fast paced environment with high levels of autonomy and are keen to really make your mark.
How to apply
Please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.