We create, empower, innovate, inspire, push the boundaries and most important of all, we practise what we preach.
Designed to enhance performance, Sweaty Betty workout wear is the perfect fusion of fashion and functionality. Tailored to sports from yoga to run, ski to swim, gym to tennis, our luxury activewear combines design innovation, technical fabrics and feminine style.
Born in 1998 in London’s Notting Hill, Sweaty Betty now has 37 boutiques including concessions in world-famous department stores Harrods and Selfridges, plus two boutiques in the USA. With a new mobile website, more international stores in the pipeline and a passionate, fitness-loving team at its helm, Sweaty Betty is growing exponentially. There has never been a more exciting time to join us.
Our Values: We bring out the best in each other. We push boundaries. We have a positive attitude. We love what we do.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Reporting into the Senior Garment Technologist, you will be working in close conjunction with Head of Product, Buying, Design, Merchandising and Customer Care, to achieve the highest fit and quality standards for all Sweaty Betty’s products, ensuring that all products are fully functional for their intended end use and the performance and aesthetic level is high.
- Work with Design on the development of new products across Sweat Betty’s ranges, creating measurement specifications at the beginning of each season to achieve the perfect fit and aesthetics on the initial proto samples within the given time frame.
- Attend meetings with store managers and customer care, taking their feedback on current season products into consideration when working on future seasons.
- Taking ownership of achieving the highest fit standard for Sweaty Betty’s ranges and manage the fit process from proto stage through to sealing stage and production approvals, taking the critical path into consideration.
- Conduct seasonal second fit sessions at the factories abroad with Buying, aiming to cut down on the number of samples during the fit process through face to face communication with pattern makers.
- Conduct weekly fit sessions with Buying to send clear and concise comments to the factories, no later than 3 working days after the fit session.
- Attend weekly critical path meetings with Buying, Design and Merchandising, highlighting potential risk areas and work with other teams to find solutions and hit delivery dates.
- Manage the wearer trial process to ensure that all products perform at a very high level and are fully functional for the intended end use.
- Visit factories abroad and carry out factory audits with Senior Garment Technologist to ensure all factories live up to Sweaty Betty’s Ethical Code of Practice
- Manage the seasonal testing process to ensure all fabrics and trims have been tested according to Sweaty Betty’s required standards and passed the tests.
- Ensure the care labelling of all products meet the legal regulations in all of the countries that Sweaty Betty trades in.
- Manage the QC process to prevent faulty goods from reaching the stores, carry out AQLs at the warehouse if needed and liaise with Senior Garment Technologist on QC issues.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and stores through visits and meetings.
- Lead and develop the Garment Tech Assistant to deliver business objectives and personal growth goals.
- Undertake presentations on technical subjects to the rest of the business and suppliers as and when needed.
- Support the Directors and Head of Product on new initiatives to continuously improve the quality, branding and fit of products.
WHAT YOU'LL HAVE
- 2-3 years’ experience in a Garment Tech role
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Knowledge of construction, manufacturing and variety of fabric
- Currently working in womenswear
- Experience with sportswear preferable
WHO YOU ARE
WHAT WE DO FOR YOU
- A natural ambassador of the brand, you love to be active and embrace everything the brand stands for
- You have a high level of personal energy
- You’re approachable, friendly and good at building relationships with suppliers and your team
- You’re a strong communicator with a pro-active attitude
- You’re detail oriented and highly organised
- You thrive in a busy environment and enjoy problem solving
- You have a good aesthetic sense
Generous clothing allowance, 50% off SB all Sweaty Betty merchandise, lots of office workout classes, free on site gym, sample sales, cycle to work scheme, company bonus scheme…and lots more.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your CV and covering letter, telling us why you'd love to work at Sweaty Betty to email@example.com.