We create, empower, innovate, inspire, push the boundaries and most important of all we practise what we preach.
From yoga clothes to running kit, ski to beach, gym wear to tennis apparel, Sweaty Betty is the fitness clothing brand of choice. With 40 boutiques around the UK, including concessions in world famous department stores Harrods and Selfridges, and 2 boutiques in the US, Sweaty Betty gym wear is synonymous with innovative, feminine designs for enhanced performance.
As a Buyer you will have a good understanding of the needs of the Sweaty Betty customer, and plan & buy the Sweaty Betty yoga, cooldown, underwear and dance ranges to meet her requirements in terms of premium quality, high performance standards and style whilst delivering on LFL sales and profit targets.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Reporting directly to the Head of Product, you will be responsible for the following:
- Implement the strategy for the Sweaty Betty own brand yoga, cooldown, dance, underwear and accessories ranges, and build ranges based on customer feedback, market trends and thorough analysis
- Work closely with design team to develop 4 collections yearly consisting of high performance, inspirational, innovative and premium products.
- Ensuring a constant and thorough understanding of our customer and market through store visits, customer/store manager/ambassador feedback and market research
Buying & Product Development
- Deliver world class product to the highest spec at the right price on time, achieving target margins.
- Manage the process from price negotiation, through order placement and production to delivery on selected ranges.
- Manage the Critical Path for the above mentioned ranges and conduct weekly CP meetings with Design, Tech and Merchandising, highlighting potential risk areas and work with other teams to find solutions and hit delivery deadlines
- Attend weekly fit sessions with the Garment Tech team to ensure all Sweaty Betty’s yoga/cooldown/underwear/dance products are fully functional for the intended end use and are the perfect fit
- Visit factories abroad, nurturing relationships with suppliers, sourcing new innovative fabrics & trims, negotiating prices and conducting second fit sessions with the pattern makers.
- Deliver outstanding shoot samples and key stories on product to Marketing, and communicate product performance features to customers through labeling and ticketing, raising the brand image and inspiring the customers.
- Manage a Buying Assistant and an Assistant Buyer, leading and inspiring them to deliver business and personal growth
- Report key weekly highlights in trade meeting and deputise for Head of Product as appropriate
- Build relationships within the team and across the business to ensure a high level of communication with regards to the workout products
- Undertake presentations on subjects related to the yoga ranges to the rest of the business and suppliers as and when needed
- Undertake half yearly collection launch presentations
- Support the Directors and Head of Product on new initiatives to continuously improve the offer on yoga, cooldown, underwear and dance products
WHAT YOU'LL HAVE
Already in a Buyer's role
Experience with buying own brand
4-6 years of experience in Buying, preferably from a sportswear background
Good understanding of the global premium sportswear market
WHO YOU ARE
Approachable, friendly and good at building relationships with suppliers and team
A strong communicator and negotiator
Detail oriented and highly organised
Thrive in a busy environment
Enjoys problem solving
Sports enthusiast - living and breathing the Sweaty Betty lifestyle
WHAT WE DO FOR YOU
We offer a generous clothing allowance, 50% off SB all Sweaty Betty merchandise, lots of office workout classes, sample sales, cycle to work scheme, company bonus scheme…and lots more.