Get running with tips from Matt Roberts
posted on Wednesday, 11th April 2012 | find under Fitness
As part of our monthly Guest Instructor programme at the 125 Kings Road boutique, Personal Trainer to the stars, Matt Roberts (and his extended team of experts) gave us a master class on how to get the most from our running.
The evening was full of tips and hints but we’ve whittled it down to 10 essential pointers Matt believes will give you the inspiration you need to propel yourself ahead of the pack...
- Set yourself a plan that suits your goal and stick to it rigidly
- Rest days are an essential part of any running programme and you come back to training refreshed
- Preparation is key, make warming up through mobility routines and stretches part of your plan
- Don’t be afraid to eat before you run to provide your body with the energy you require
- Invest in a foam roller – they aid recovery by increasing blood flow and relaxing over-tight muscles
- Strength training is a vital facet to any running programme and helps increase stamina levels
- Vary running routes to break up training sessions and throw in a few hill routes to help with strength
- Interval training helps build strength, remember fast paced sections should be at ‘controlled discomfort’
- To stay motivated remind yourself why you set your goal and look back on how far you’ve
- It’s never too late to start running, you’ll be addicted before you know it