Junior Graphic Designer (6 month mat cover)
£24,000 pro rota, plus benefits
We create, empower, innovate, inspire, push the boundaries and most important of all, we practice what we preach!
Designed to enhance performance, Sweaty Betty workout wear is the perfect fusion of fashion and functionality. Tailored to sports from yoga to run, ski to swim, gym to tennis, our luxury activewear combines design innovation, technical fabrics and feminine style.
Born in 1998 in London’s Notting Hill, Sweaty Betty now has 41 boutiques in the UK including concessions in world-famous department stores Harrods and Selfridges, plus five boutiques in the USA. With a new mobile website, more international stores in the pipeline and a passionate, 500 strong fitness-loving team at its helm, Sweaty Betty is growing exponentially.
Our wonderful Graphic Designer is off on Maternity leave, so we are looking for an equally wonderful Graphic Designer to join the team.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Reporting to the Creative Manager you will be responsible for the visual and graphic identity
of the brand across all print media.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design from concept to production the following:
- Seasonal Catalogues & Direct Mail (approx. 12 mailings/year UK & USA)
- Marketing Collateral including inserts, look books and booklets
- Internal design needs including signage, HR documents and postcards
- Assist the Creative Manager and VM team with Window and POS concepts and artwork
- Assist the Digital Design team with banners and web assets
- Work and liaise with reprographics and print managers to ensure optimal
- Maintain graphic archives
WHAT YOU'LL HAVE
- Over 2 years experience with a fashion retailer producing DM pieces from concept to print
- Relevant professional or vocational qualification in graphic design is a must
- Ability to work quickly to execute campaigns across a multi-channel portfolio whilst having the energy and passion to creatively add value to the team
- Strong time management skills - ability to manage shifting priorities, whilst maintaining commitment to deadlines
- Experience of executing original ideas within established brand guidelines
- Strong sense of design layout and well versed in typography
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication, collaboration and problem solving skills
- Excellent skills in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Good knowledge of print production
- Digital design skills a bonus but not essential
WHO YOU AREYou are a passionate and inspired designer able to create outstanding conceptual design solutions. Enthusiastic with boundless energy you are commercially aware with a creative eye, a curious and conscientious mind, and a self-motivated drive. You thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment, love to be busy and enjoy working with lots of different people. You are a team player, love working to deadlines and would be described as a “do’er”. Excellent visual and verbal communication skills with fine attention to detail your work is always to the highest standard and you enjoy working with people at all levels. Most importantly you live an active life and are in love with the Sweaty Betty brand!
WHAT WE DO FOR YOUGenerous clothing allowance, 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise, lots of office workout classes, free on site gym, sample sales, cycle to work scheme, company bonus scheme…and lots more.
LOCATIONFulham Green, London
HOW TO APPLYTo apply for this position, please email your CV & cover letter (telling us why you want to work for Sweaty Betty) to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are successful, you’ll be contacted within 2 weeks.Our recruitment process is broken in to three parts. An initial telephone interview with the recruitment team, where we learn more about you and everything you know about SB. If successful you will be invited to a face-2-face interview, with the recruitment team and line manager. The final round is a presentation, with the line manager