Designer Maternity Cover
£31,000 pa pro-rota over a 4 day week, plus benefits, dependant on experience
We create, empower, innovate, inspire, push the boundaries and most important of all we practise what we preach.
Fusing fashionable shapes and statement prints with technical fabrics and design innovation, Sweaty Betty active wear is created to enhance style and performance. Whether you’re a yogi, runner or spin enthusiast, or simply love the Sports Luxe look – we have something for every style. Born in 1998 in London’s Notting Hill, Sweaty Betty has boutiques in the UK and USA including concessions in world-famous department stores Harrods, Bloomingdales and Selfridges. With a new digital flagship website, more international stores in the pipeline and a passionate, fitness-loving team at its helm, Sweaty Betty is growing exponentially. There has never been a more exciting time to join us.
Our Values: We bring out the best in each other. We push boundaries. We have a positive attitude. We love what we do.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Working alongside the rest of the design team to design coherent seasonal collections consisting of stylish, edgy and high performance product, contributing to the delivery of business targets on LFL sales growth and intake margin growth.
Reporting into Senior Designer with a dotted line to the Creative Director.
- Have a good understanding of the customer and her lifestyle, and be aware of any new fashion, fitness or lifestyle trends that she may be engaged in.
- Carry out seasonal trend and technical research to ensure ranges are continually evolving and always world class
- Together with the Creative Director and the design team agree on seasonal themes and carry out research and inspirational shopping
- Together with the rest of the design team create seasonal mood boards, colour palettes, key element boards in line with seasonal theme and present them to the Buying team, Head of Product and Creative Director
- Produce Range Moodboards, colour palettes & key looks reflecting the theme for the ranges you will be responsible for designing
- Design stylish, edgy, premium and performance product ensuring that the boundaries are pushed creatively to continue to set us ahead of the competition
- Work with the buying team during the process to design the ranges within option framework
- Develop and source fabrics and trims relevant for the end use of the selected range, adding newness to the ranges and improving the existing product offer, and ensuring all products perform well with the intended end use
- Design all over and/or placement prints as required/agreed.
- Use Illustrator to create design tech packs
- Participate in all relevant design meetings
- Work with suppliers to ensure the 1st protos are correct and ready to present to the Directors for final sign off
- Develop samples to 2nd Sample stage with Tech and Buyer to ensure aesthetic is achieved within price and technical constraints
- Along with the buying team manage the development aspects of critical path effectively to ensure on time deliveries
- To be constantly aware of our customers view on our product through monthly store visits, comp shopping, trade analysis and customer feedback
- To be aware of and contribute to the delivery of business targets
- Visit factories abroad, nurturing relationships with suppliers and sourcing new fabrics and trims
- Build relationships within the team and across the business to ensure all “thoughts” behind the product are communicated to all customers
- Deliver ‘hero product’ overview to the marketing team
- Undertake presentations of ranges to the press and the rest of the business seasonally
- To take on projects or other responsibilities as appropriate
WHAT YOU'LL HAVEDegree in Fashion Design or Fashion Sportswear
Minimum 5 years Experience
Knowledge of sportswear/functionality and trends
A good understanding of the global sportswear market
Ability to use Creative Suite (CS6) namely Illustrator and Photoshop
WHO YOU ARE
Must be passionate about fashion
Needs to be approachable, friendly and a good communicator
Love sports of any kind and lives and breathes the SB lifestyle
WHAT WE DO FOR YOUGenerous clothing allowance, 50% off SB all Sweaty Betty merchandise, lots of office workout classes, free on site gym, sample sales, cycle to work scheme, company bonus scheme…and lots more.
LOCATIONPutney Bridge, London
HOW TO APPLYTo apply for this position, please email your CV & cover letter (telling us why you want to work for Sweaty Betty) to email@example.com
If you are successful, you’ll be contacted within 2 weeks.Our recruitment process is broken in to three parts. An initial telephone interview with the recruitment team, where we learn more about you and everything you know about SB! If successful you will be invited to a face-2-face interview, with the recruitment team and line manager. The final round is a presentation, with the line manager.