Boot Camps in Bath
The newest craze in Bath is boot camps for women. Not the old school, military based type but a fun new way of losing weight and toning without stepping foot in the gym. I am the nutritionist for the Adventure Boot Camps in Bath, run by Nick Michell (http://www.fitnesscamp.co.uk/fitness-camps/60-bath). I give a monthly seminar to the participants so they can make changes with their eating to compliment all the hard work they are putting in with their training. The company is nationwide and headed by Gladiator legend and Commonwealth Record Holder Kate Staples and Double Olympic Champion Daley Thompson.
In the last seminar I gave the ladies lots of top tips on how to eat well and lose weight. As with many of my clients they knew which foods are 'good' and which are 'bad' but they wanted that extra bit of motivation and some helpful hints to help them reach their goals. Some of the tips they found most useful were:
1. Eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full.
2. Chew every mouthful slowly.
3. Put your knife and fork down between each mouthful as this aid digestion as well as preventing over eating.
4. Drink a glass of water before a meal as sometimes we can over eat due to dehydration
5. Don't drink water with a meal. Wait until 15 minutes after eating as too much liquid will dilute your digestive juices.
6. Experiment with fresh heathly foods and try a new health food every few weeks.
7. Remember what you put in your body is what you get out of it. Fresh, natural healthy foods will mean more energy, less stress and give you the body you want.