US People and Development Manager
|Competitive for a 25 hour week (part time)
Generous clothing and fitness allowance, 50% off all Sweaty Betty product
|SETTING THE SCENE
As part of our US team, this role will be responsible for providing people and development strategy and support to both the boutiques and support office staff in the US.
Born in the heart of London’s Notting Hill, Sweaty Betty has been worn by female athletes around the world since 1998. Designed to perform beautifully, Sweaty Betty clothes are famous for high quality fabrics & feminine styling across a range of fitness activities. With over 40 boutiques around the UK, Sweaty Betty now has 3 locations in the US (Soho, NYC, Greenwich, CT and Bloomingdales 59th St, NY).
Sweaty Betty is accelerating its US store growth on the East and West Coasts. If you love fitness and fashion, this is an exciting time to join a rapidly growing business.
Reporting to the US Country Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Identifying any market-specific people issues before we enter a new US region
- Determining people policies for US business
- Advising on visas for UK personnel entering US to work in boutiques or support office
- Recruiting for US boutique and support office roles
- Welcoming new US hires through WOW day introduction
- Selecting benefit providers (healthcare, dental, etc.) and managing these relationships
- Leading pay review process for US employees
Training & Development
- Adapting UK training manuals to US market (e.g., People Guide, Managing People)
- Identifying other training needs for boutiques and support office staff
- Planning team events for US staff (e.g., Holiday Party, etc.)
- Conducting interviews and documenting any disciplinary or other issues that arise
- Being the first point of contact for any US employee who has a concern or question
WHO YOU ARE
You love people and building and developing a team. You are detail-oriented and a good communicator. You love finding the right person for the right position and bringing them on board. Must have 10 years of US retail people and development experience.
If this sounds like your dream job, we would love to hear from you.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the role title in the subject box. We look forward to hearing from you.
We are looking for someone to start asap so if this sounds like you please send us your application as soon as possible
Sweaty Betty is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.