We create, empower, innovate, inspire, push the boundaries and most important of all we practise what we preach!
From yoga clothes to running kit, ski to beach, gym wear to tennis apparel, Sweaty Betty is the fitness clothing brand of choice, synonymous with innovative, feminine designs for enhanced performance. With 41 UK boutiques, including concessions in world famous department stores Harrods and Selfridges, and 5 USA boutiques, plus website in UK, US, Europe and Australia, Sweaty Betty is embarking on its next exciting growth phase!
We are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Garment Technologist to join our dynamic Garment Tech team, and play an important part in Sweaty Betty’s exciting growth plans.
If you are a sports enthusiast and love our brand, this is an exciting time to join a rapidly growing business. Sitting within the Garment Tech team in the Product Department, you will have a key role in helping to ensure all products are fully functional for their intended end uses and the performance level is high.
WHAT YOU 'LL BE DOING
Your specific areas of responsibility will include:
- Reporting into the Garment Technician, you will work with designers and buyers on a day to day basis to ensure creative briefs are fulfilled within the required time scale and sourcing limitations.
- Support garment tech in weekly fit meetings with buying and design. Ensuring the required information from suppliers is available during these meetings, giving input on fit problems and taking notes to relay to factories.
- Along with Garment Tech, managing test report approvals and records, ensuring approvals are issued in line with the critical path and care labelling is accurate.
- Assess factory AQL reports, highlighting any faults and possible issues to the tech team and the factory.
- Carry out competitive shopping and researching technical innovations to help drive the product forward.
- Collecting information following product wear trailing, informing the technologist and designers of necessary changes to ensure all products are fully functional and of a high performance.
- Gathering and summarising information on faulty stock from store staff, customer care and warehouse and relaying information to the tech team and the relevant factory.
- General day-to-day administration.
|WHAT YOU'LL HAVE
- A degree in fashion/textile with 1 year experience in a garment tech team at a retailer, preferably fashion or sportswear
- Ideally have knowledge of pattern cutting and garment manufacturing
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good communication skills and an approachable and friendly manner
WHO YOU ARE
You are a graduate or in an entry level position in a garment tech team and have a keen interest in garment technology and active wear. Motivated, organised and innovative with a proactive approach to problem solving. You thrive in a fast paced busy environment whilst making sure to never miss a deadline. Most importantly you love the brand and live the Sweaty Betty lifestyle.
If this sounds like you we would love to hear from you!
Our Values: We bring out the best in each other. We push boundaries. We have a positive attitude. We love what we do.
WHAT WE DO FOR YOU
Generous clothing allowance, 50% off SB all Sweaty Betty merchandise, lots of office workout classes, free on site gym, sample sales, cycle to work scheme, company bonus scheme…and lots more.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please email your CV & cover letter (telling us why you want to work for Sweaty Betty) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for someone to start September 2015 and the deadline for applications is the 10th August 2015.