Head to Knee Pose (Janu Sirsasana)
Get your hamstrings long and stretchy with this gentle forward bend, and lovely hip opener! :)
How to flow into Head to Knee pose...
1. Sit on the floor, back straight, legs stretched in front of you. Keep your toes active (fex them toward your heart)
2. Spread your legs apart and bend your right leg at the knee.
3. Bring your right foot towards your left inner thigh.Try to get the heel as close to the groin as possible.
4.Breathe in. Gently twist the body to the left, and lean forward over your left thigh, reaching for your left foot with both hands. Focus on taking the chest and heart, over the the left thigh, keeping the spine as straight as you can.
5. Stretch your hands down your leg. Notice how far your hands come to naturally. For more stretch, you can wrap a yoga strap around the foot. Yogis remember to keep Breathing!
6. Whether or not you are using a strap, try to bend a little further on your exhalation. Keep listening to your body, let your breath guide you, and be careful not to go too far.
7. Stay there for 5 breaths to begin with and build up the length in the pose over time.
8. Gently come out of the posture, come back to sitting, stretch out the legs and swap legs. Repeat on the other side. And remember: PRACTISE makes perfect! Sending you lots of yogic bliss! :)