Day 6: The Hiit Workout: 8 reasons to join in
It’s Day 6, time for the Hiitgirl workout. Hiitgirl founder Susan Dyson and creator of exclusively for Get Fit 4 Free online video gives us the skinny on why Hiit is so effective at burning fat and toning the physique.
- It burns fat for longer. “Not only do you burn lots of calories during a Hiitgirl workout, but as your body recovers you continue to burn extra calories for up to 24 hours afterwards, even when you’re asleep!”
- It improves heart health. “Very few people regularly push themselves to the anaerobic zone (where you’re panting like a loon) but the benefits of going to the max can greatly improve heart health. One study found that subjects could cycle twice as long at the same pace after some HIIT training. This was supported by a 2011 study, showing that just 2 weeks of high-intensity intervals improve fitness to the same level as 6 to 8 weeks of endurance training.”
- You’ll lose weight but keep muscle. “Too much low-intensity cardio combined with dieting will lose weight for sure, but some of it will be valuable muscle mass. Research shows that the high intensity training preserves muscles and burns fat so the weight lost will be the right stuff.”
- It boosts metabolism. “The high demands placed on the body by HIIT training usually result in big improvements in the body, right down to a cellular level. Many of these adaptations will leave you feeling and looking younger, inside and out.”
- You’ll saves time. “‘No time’ usually tops the list of excuses for not exercising. Hiitgirl makes it easier to find time to workout; the science says that a 30-minute HIIT workout is equivalent to around 2.5 hours of traditional exercise.”
- It’s fun! “A typical cardio workout of 45 minutes on a bike or treadmill will certainly help your fitness, but it can be very boring. Hiitgirl training uses lots of different exercises and you don’t have time to get bored as these fast and furious workouts challenge you physically and mentally. With Hiitgirl, no two workouts are the same.”
- It gets results, fast “From experience, 3-4 Hiitgirl workouts for 4-6 weeks will show noticeable differences if existing calories and general activity levels stay the same. After 10-12 weeks, you can expect to look and feel amazing.”
Ready to feel the burn? Begin your Hiitgirl workout by clicking the video below:
Now it's time to move onto the day 7 challenge.